NAJAS/KKC Business Speaker Series
With the support of local Japan-America Societies, the Business Speaker Series provides opportunities for Japanese corporate executives to speak directly to diverse audiences about their business strategies, their collaborations with and contributions to local industries and communities.
At each event, candid conversations also take place regarding public policy issues to reinforce U.S.- Japan economic relations.
Washington, D.C. Online
June 09, 2020
- Hiroyuki Takai, Senior Vice President, Sumitomo Corporation of America
Nobuo Tanaka, Special Advisor, Sasakawa Peach Foundation
Samantha Gross, Fellow, Brooking Institution
February 26, 2020
- Masahiko Nittono, General Manager and Chief Corporate Representative, NTT Corporation, Washington D.C.
Tobias Harris, Vice President, Teneo
November 15, 2019
- Mark Brazeal, US Vice President of Administration, Mazda Toyota Manufacturing (MTMUS)
Hollie Pegg, Alabama Department of Commerce
June 12, 2019
- Takaoki Niwa, President and CEO, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (Americas)
Hank Iwasa, President and Head of Moses Lake Flight Center, Mitsubishi Aircraft Americas
June 04, 2019
- Jason Stevens, President and CEO, Mitsubishi International Corporation
Ira Shapiro, President, Ira Shapiro Global Strategies, LLC
April 25, 2019
- Yoichi Mineo, General Manager, Marubeni America Corporation
Glen Fukushima, Senior Fellow, Center for American Progress
March 19, 2019
- Yasunobu Fukuda, President and CEO, Tokio Marine North America, Inc.
William N. Burke, President, Tokio Marine HCC
Charlotte, North Carolina
March 01, 2019
- Daichi Arima, President, Asahi Kasei America
Ambassador Ira Shapiro, Senior Advisor, ASG's East Asia & Pacific practice
May 02, 2018
- Hiroyuki Takai, SVP & General Manager, Washington Office, Sumitomo Corporation of Americas
Senator Cory Gardner, State of Colorado
March 29, 2018
- Haruo Kurata, Corporate Vice President, Ajinomoto Co., Inc.
Mark Metzler, Professor, University of Washington
March 09, 2018
- Kenichiro Ito, CEO, Denso International America
Senator Lamar Alexander, State of Tennessee
January 18, 2018
- Hiroyuki Tsurugi, Executive Managing Officer, Mitsui & Co.
Jane Nakano, Senior Fellow, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
Charlotte, North Carolina
September 22, 2017
- Minoru Yoshinaga, President, Toray Industries (America), Inc.
Brian Woodall, Professor, Georgia Institute of Technology
July 21, 2017
- Ray Nishimoto, Senior Managing Executive Officer, Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.
Dr. Sheila Smith, Senior Fellow, Council on Foreign Relations
July 07, 2017
- Osamu Nagata, Executive Vice President, Toyota Motor Corporation
Thomas Schieffer, Former United States Ambassador to Japan
Palo Alto, California
June 01, 2017
- Yasuyuki Kohaya, Chief Liaison Officer, Toyota Research Institute
Mr. Stephen Zoepf, Executive Director, Stanford University
May 25, 2017
- Kazuo Sako, President & CEO, TOTO Americas Holdings & TOTO USA, Inc.
Mr. Tobias Harris, Vice President, Japan, Teneo Intelligence
May 11, 2017
- Minoru Wakabayashi, Associate Director, Meiji Yasuda Life Insurance
Ulrike Schaede, Director of Japan Forum, UC San Diego
- 42June 9, 2020Washington, D.C.Sumitomo Corporation of America
- 41Feb. 26, 2020Indianapolis, IndianaNTT Corporation
- 40Nov. 15, 2019Huntsville, AlabamaMazda Toyota Manufacturing
- 39June 12, 2019Seattle, WashingtonMitsubishi Heavy Industries Americas
- 38June 4, 2019Boston, MassachusettsMitsubishi International Corporation
- 37April 25, 2019Portland, OregonMarubeni
- 36March 19, 2019Houston, TexasTokio Marine Holdings, Inc.
- 35March 1, 2019Charlotte, North CarolinaAsahi Kasei America, Inc.
- 34May 8, 2018Honolulu, HawaiiAioi Nissay Dowa Insurance
- 33May 2, 2018Denver, ColoradoSumitomo Corporation of Americas
- 32Mar. 29, 2018Portland, OregonAjinomoto Co., Inc.
- 31Mar. 9, 2018Nashville, TennesseeDENSO International America, Inc.
- 30Jan. 18, 2018Washington, DCMitsui & Co.
- 29Sep. 22, 2017Charlotte, North CarolinaToray Industries (America), Inc.
- 28Jul. 21, 2017Minneapolis, MinnesotaSumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.
- 27Jul. 7, 2017Dallas, TexasToyota Motor Corporation
- 26Jun. 1, 2017Palo Alto, CaliforniaToyota Motor Corporation
- 25May. 25, 2017Chicago, IllinoisTOTO USA, Inc.
- 24May. 11, 2017Portland, OregonMeiji Yasuda Life Insurance Company
- 23Feb. 27, 2017Kansas City, MissouriNomura Holdings, Inc.
- 22Dec. 15, 2016Atlanta, GeorgiaToray Industries (America), Inc.
- 21Oct. 17, 2016Lexington, KentuckySuntory Holdings Limited
- 20Jun. 1, 2016Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaHitachi America, Ltd.
- 19Apr. 28, 2016 Birmingham, AlabamaThe Dai-ichi Life Insurance Company
- 18Mar. 23, 2016Chicago, IllinoisNippon Sharyo Ltd./Toyota Motor Corporation
- 17Mar. 14, 2016Honolulu, HawaiiTOTO USA, Inc.
- 16Feb. 11, 2016Denver, ColoradoNTT America, Ltd.
- 15Oct. 7, 2015Minneapolis, MinnesotaToray Industries (America), Inc.
- 14Sep. 11, 2015Chicago, IllinoisThe Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
- 13May 20, 2015Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaTokio Marine Holdings, Inc.
- 12Apr. 22, 2015Seattle, WashingtonANA Holdings Inc.
- 11Mar. 19, 2015Honolulu, HawaiiHitachi America, Ltd.
- 10Feb. 13, 2015Dallas, TexasToyota Motor Corporation
- 9Jan. 31, 2015Kansas City, MissouriHitachi America, Ltd.
- 8May 8, 2014Denver, ColoradoHitachi America, Ltd.
- 7Apr. 23, 2014St. Louis, MissouriHitachi America, Ltd.
- 6Feb. 27, 2014Indianapolis, IndianaToyota Motor Corporation
- 5Jan. 29, 2014Boston, MassachusettsThe Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
- 4Jan. 28, 2014Houston, TexasToshiba America, Inc.
- 3May 23, 2013Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaHitachi America, Ltd.
- 2Apr. 11, 2013Atlanta, GeorgiaToyota Motor Corporation
- 1Dec. 4, 2012Detroit, MichiganToyota Motor Corporation